"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I love finding new recipes


dear family as you know
I love finding and trying recipes my new favorite book is called from the hearth
this author believes in maintaning your weight--but also still having breads and muffins and enjoying food together--(when she made her own recipes and worked on getting foods from all the food groups fats, dairy, proteins, breads, vegetables,fruits, lots of water) she (Joanna Lund) lost 120 lbs and kept it off. So I have this total respect for her and for her theory in eating the following is a recipe from her book. Part of her take is: also my take of food she says
" warm food from the oven is cozy and comforting, some of our dearest memories ae gathering around the table to eat and most always these gatherings include: bread or baked goods from the oven, trouble is of course that those breads and muffins are usually prepared with sugare and shortning...--so many people try to elimnate these from their diet entirerly, but tht good news is that you do have a choice, in that you can have a great collection of baked goods with flavor yet low in sugar and fat."
...then she shares many of these recipes so I'm sharing one with you--that I tried and liked
sort of reminds me of the book by Jessica Seinfeld in that it has ingredients using healthy stuff
I'll callit my recipe of the week (that sounds like I'm intending to do one every week_)hum..we'll see...
Apple muffins

1 C Bisquick (reduced fat mix)
2 T pourable sugar twin
1 T br sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp apple pie spice or cinnamon
5 Tlb raisins
1/2 C apple sause
1/4 c skim milk
1 egg
1 c apple chopped
sray a muffin tin with pam. (6 spaces) Mix bisquick, sugars and spice mix
add raisens --mix separately: applesauce,chopped apples, milk and egg add to dry mixture
mix just enough to combine (don't overstir) put in tins bake 15 min @ 375 degrees till toothpick comes out clean. enjoy.

No comments: