
Aug 31-09
okay i am here on the island and it is great. So on wed we took a train to Porto and stayed at the mission home that night. We Ate, then we sat and talked and had a really good time. Irma Walton took us on a tour of the mission house and it is awesome. In the morning we had to get up extra early and we ate breakfast with the president. Irma Walton had bought my favorite kind of cereal especially for me. They spoil us. Our president is really easy going; but the night before he got all serious and looked at me and Irma Salles and said, “ you better do a good job and be an example over there or other irmas won´t be put out there”, (no pressure or anything) but of course we will\are.
Okay so then we got on a plane and flew to Madeira it took about 2 hours. When we got here I remembered what humidity was. Its humid in Coimbra but its HUMID here. I like it though. I am absolutely loving Madeira I can see the ocean everyday and we all know life does not get better than that. Okay, so here is the deal with Madeira. there are elders here in funchal and there are 2 branches. We work in both of the branches which is cool, but confusing and apparently we have an "area" no one has really told us where that is . each day , but its great because we make a lot of contacts that way right.we have been walking a ton but its good. okay so thats basically what I have been doing.
we wanted to go to both of the wards sacraments but then we had our investigator come to church! Wahoo!, and so we just went to one ward.Anyway, in sacrament they asked us to bear our testimonies and it was nice. My favorite, is that everyone tries to talk to me in English I think that , they think that I don´t speak Portuguese so then I just respond to them in Portuguese and they are surprised, its hilarious. .
The ocean is gorgeous. more like big island (of Hawaii) with rocks, instead of sand, but all the better then it’s not such a temptation. and the mountains are spectacular. We live in a huge city though. I thought it was going to be smaller like Hawaii but this town in just as big as Coimbra if not bigger. There are lots of little tiny street and lots of people. Which is good lots of people to teach right.
Rua da Ponte Nova
Nº12, 5ºP
9000 funchal
Madeira
Portugal
okay anyways, my companion is absolutely fabulous! she is so good at teaching and making contacts and she loves to work and so it makes it so much easier to make contacts when you companion is doing the same things. i seriously don´t know what i did to get blessed to be in madeira with an awesome companion but i´ll take it.
okay basically i am just loving my life and living it up.
okay glad everyone is doing well i love you lots thanks for all the letter support prayers and love!
hayley
okay i am here on the island and it is great. So on wed we took a train to Porto and stayed at the mission home that night. We Ate, then we sat and talked and had a really good time. Irma Walton took us on a tour of the mission house and it is awesome. In the morning we had to get up extra early and we ate breakfast with the president. Irma Walton had bought my favorite kind of cereal especially for me. They spoil us. Our president is really easy going; but the night before he got all serious and looked at me and Irma Salles and said, “ you better do a good job and be an example over there or other irmas won´t be put out there”, (no pressure or anything) but of course we will\are.
Okay so then we got on a plane and flew to Madeira it took about 2 hours. When we got here I remembered what humidity was. Its humid in Coimbra but its HUMID here. I like it though. I am absolutely loving Madeira I can see the ocean everyday and we all know life does not get better than that. Okay, so here is the deal with Madeira. there are elders here in funchal and there are 2 branches. We work in both of the branches which is cool, but confusing and apparently we have an "area" no one has really told us where that is . each day , but its great because we make a lot of contacts that way right.we have been walking a ton but its good. okay so thats basically what I have been doing.
we wanted to go to both of the wards sacraments but then we had our investigator come to church! Wahoo!, and so we just went to one ward.Anyway, in sacrament they asked us to bear our testimonies and it was nice. My favorite, is that everyone tries to talk to me in English I think that , they think that I don´t speak Portuguese so then I just respond to them in Portuguese and they are surprised, its hilarious. .
The ocean is gorgeous. more like big island (of Hawaii) with rocks, instead of sand, but all the better then it’s not such a temptation. and the mountains are spectacular. We live in a huge city though. I thought it was going to be smaller like Hawaii but this town in just as big as Coimbra if not bigger. There are lots of little tiny street and lots of people. Which is good lots of people to teach right.
Rua da Ponte Nova
Nº12, 5ºP
9000 funchal
Madeira
Portugal
okay anyways, my companion is absolutely fabulous! she is so good at teaching and making contacts and she loves to work and so it makes it so much easier to make contacts when you companion is doing the same things. i seriously don´t know what i did to get blessed to be in madeira with an awesome companion but i´ll take it.
okay basically i am just loving my life and living it up.
okay glad everyone is doing well i love you lots thanks for all the letter support prayers and love!
hayley

2 comments:
Way to go Hayley. It seems you and your companion were handpicked for this assignment. It sounds like a wonderful place for you to demonstrate your wonderful people and missionary skills.
Love Aunt Ellen
did you know that madiera means WOOD? or TIMBER?!?! haha!
Post a Comment