"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Sunday, July 5, 2009

great week in new Mexico






dad and pres hunter


our home away from home for a week
enjoyed going to classes with Anne and getting to know her even better



one hike we took had 7 (small ) waterfalls this is one of them





dear family we had a great experience sharing time --hiking--taking classes and learning at a training in new mexico this past week--it is called philmont--scout training--a very rich man who was the founder of the phillip oil /service station deeded that land to the scouts--he and his wife vowed to give away1/2 of everything they earned they made in their lifetime
it was a remarkable experience that brought us both a greater understanding not only of the scouting program but of the gospel principles and strenghthened our testimonies in the process--how delighted I am to report that back to you and I'll tell you more about the details at a later time but at least wanted to say it was easy to keep postitive upon entering the facility and rubbing shoulders with many other great leaders and people-- the time flew so quickly that I wasn't able to write you before now--but you were in my thoughts--and I often had the thought cross my mind during the day I wish my family members were here...

you were there in my thoughts--daily--mom

No comments: