"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Sunday, July 5, 2009

fourth of july was great

brad and kerri and kaci---I'd guess saw the prize for the most impressive fireworks of the 4th of july celebration---making it up to our nations capitol and seeing them from near the Washington monument--congrats for bucking the crowds and having that memory in your life--I chuckled that kaci--got into it with her saying "boom , boom" as the impact vibrated the area--good job being brave--below are a random collection of 4th of july pics






a pic of the fireworks in DC --trying to imagine how much fun the brad call family had-------
wish we were all sitting around you on the 4th --you were in the big time---we are happy you were there--(we can only imagine--)
probably only the big shout out hayley experienced in portugal -surpassed DC ha--just kidding
sorry that the portuguese weren't all excited hayley about our independance--and freedom- (:
they'll have other celebration--that you can cash in on (like graduation--right-o?) kidding again
pic of kyle kirk on his first fourth of july
with abbie holding him--waiting for fireworks to start--

























hunter really got the hang of going out to catch or pick up the candy the floats threw out--like me--he likes candy--um...um..good!








America the beautiful--we have been able to see some beautiful part s of our beautiful country lately--and each time it brings to mind--the hymn--How great thou art--and makes me think of the D&C sec 59--that the Lord made these beauties to gladden our heart--it gladdens mine
































































watched the 4th of July parade with Bryan and Brianne and hunter and mayley--then at night made it up to murray park--to share in the fireworks with nancy -stephen, megan, abbie anna and kyle--(but I ran out of battery) so I don't have a pic of the fireworks--but it was fun and we thought about you Hayley in portugal and thought of you brad and kerri in DC










so glad everyone--seemed to have time on the fouth to reflect on our great freedoms--and great country--I feel so grateful to a loving father in heaven to see fit that I live here and enjoy the freedoms day to day---after going to washington DC last spring--my patriotism has grown even more. so glad that brad and kerri and kaci got to be in washington--and I'm glad where ever you were on the 4th that we could all reflect on our loyalty to: our Father in Heaven--to family -to country.

No comments: