"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Saturday, January 31, 2009

"frankly forgiving other people"




Jan 31-08 Dear family,
A FLASHBACK TO JAN 28, 2005
You all know me so well, that my making this post probably won't even surprise you---this incident was life changing to me.
and so even though It was not my personal experience--it truly affected me.
One thing that I will forever remember is the person who hit bryan came to his room shortly after bryan was hospitalized and apologized to him, and Bryan graciously forgave him. At that point the medical descisions as to all the damage to bryan was not determined--but that didn't matter to bryan he "frankly forgave the man" that is a -phrase used in the account of Nephi after his brothers beat on him --and they latter asked forgiveness. My point is that I stood there and watched that exchange--and to be honest I don't know that I at the time was that forgiving of a person--but I have worked trying to have that attitude since that time
'

I won't put the graphic pics this year (of Bryan in the hospital bed four years ago) but as tradition of every year--I just want to post and say how thankful I am for the tender Mercies of our Heavenly Father--and since this accident -we have been blessed with other tender mercies of protection too. So this pic for me represents all of the times we've all been proctected. I it humbles me to reflect on it briefly today at the 4 year mark and remember this and other miricles in our lives--so glad you're still here Bryan and so glad its just a memory now- We surely are grateful things worked together for your good.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: