"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Saturday, March 14, 2009

things have a way of working out

Hi family--you might laugh at this post--but I have to share it--even if you've all already heard my story---here goes--well,
these are my brown shoes--but hayley has some black missionary ones like them. I know Heavenly father answers prayers --even little things like being able to find the right missionary shoes--by the time hayley requested her black ones--the shoes had gone on "clearance" through some odd turn of events--we found a pair that were sent in from the nevada REI (who knew to look at REI for shoes) but anyhow--they got here before hayley flew out and we got them to her before her big departure day--it was a blessing. When she called to say goodbye--she admitted that she secretly deep down hope we could get them to her before she left--but figured there was not chance--when we did she was happily surprised. now she can walk all over the cobble stones in Portugal and have nice tough shoes to carry her on the Lord's errand--may seem silly--and a bit sketchy in the story details--but I had to post it --as it truly

2 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

That's wonderful!! I think little miracles happen for missionaries, especially when a great Mom is helping the Lord! I'm glad she got her good walking shoes before she left. I'm so happy she made it safely to Portugal and I just know she is doing wonderful work for the Lord!

Nancy K said...

And aren't they cute?!?!? Gotta hand it to you mom for doing everything for her!