"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tennis anyone? Fortunately/Unfortunately


Hello family--
Playing tennis isn't how I got "tennis elbow" although incidently I do love to play tennis

nevertheless some unfortunate people like me get "tendonitis" in their elbows. I truly can't pinpoint how I got it? --I just did --it can even be inherited they say or certain activities.

Unfortunately I got it! The pain drags me down (and has done for over two years)


Fortunately--the Dr. said the pain could be lessened with cortizone shots---boy did they help!!


Unfotunately- The relief of the shots wears off in about 2 months--then I'm back in pain.


Fortunately- 85% of the people who have surgery on their elbows have permanant relief of pain.


Unfortunately- 15% of the people who have surgery on their elbows say they wouldn't do that again.


Fortunately-- I get to try the surgery tomorrow Mar 26th to see if I can be one of the 85%.


Unfortunately- I'll only have a short time to get this done so I am doing both arms at once.


Fortunately--Bryan is wonderful and will help me through this while I am on the mend.


Unfortunately- Dr (Dan Hammon) said this is the first time he has ever done 2 elbows at once.


Fortunately- He also said that he would splint one arm & put one in a sling.


Fotutunately- Last but not least they are going to put cortizone in my wrists for carpel tunnel.

So bottom line -happy day!! Please remember me in your prayers that hings will all work out ;and maybe after Wed I won't be such a grump! We can only hope. I am actually excited to see if I can have some relief that lasts. but a little scared--it's worth a try :) I won't be blogging for a while but I'll be reading yours and thinking about you guys. Love mom

3 comments:

Nancy K said...

We are ready to come be your hands tomorrow. Glad it all went well and here is to not having them hurt!

Brianne said...

I bet it is a huge relief to have the pain relieved from you. I know how much you love holding the grandkids and playing with them. I don't think I've ever seen you grumpy. You are one of the happiest people I know Lynda! :)

newsinaminute said...

thanks for the feedback--that made me soooooo happy-- to get those thoughts I laughed out loud...Its just that dad and I don't get out much and this is like the biggest event of the summer for us..
it was also be fun to have you all around if everything goes as planned. I know everyone's plan for summer are If-y and as kerri said "