"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Friday, November 25, 2011

my gratitude list

I lay in bed thinking and thinking of the many things I have been Thankful for some of which included:
*Bryan scott and family are moving in closer to us
*having a wonderful husband
*having wonderful kids
* a world wide church
* the gospel teachings
* service
* second chances
*technology
*music
* performances (especially of grandkids) even if it is only in my own front room
*un-expected letters--either snail mail, or email or Cards
*a ten cent surprise
*letters /pictures from a grandchild
*my kids and their spouses
*my grand kids
*new experiences
* a home and the comforts of home



there are two songs I really like...one I only know the chorus to...it from part of a song in the Forgotten Christmas Carols (by Michael McClain)_

it goes..."EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR EVERYTHING I WISHED FOR COULDN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO WHAT I'VE GIVEN..." that is all I can remember and I find myself singing this little ditty while I work....in my case it is soooooo very true.. The Lord has been generous with me and given me more that I could have wished (or prayed ) for....my ideas haven't held a candle to what the Lord has blessed me with.

the second song was--a little thanksgiving song that our folks sung ended with the phrase
"we could've been quite happy --had we only tried" --I am going to "try" to be "quite happy" with all that I have right before me.
.

No comments: