"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Sunday, August 14, 2011

the joys of preserving ....

love the fruit driers with a fan in them

yes that little black spot is an 'ant' oops I put the leather out in the 93 degree weather extra protein is good for you they say..

the yummy nectar--from the juicer--it was much more fun doing this when you kids were little and here to help with the process...you actually used to fight over who got to do the work of turning the handle on the strainer and who go to help punch the fruit down...it's lonely by myself

the 'ole strainer is leaking and on its last leg but still a goin' (a new one is only like 30 bucks)


all shredded and bagged (squash for quick bread down the road)


aug 14-2011
Dear family
I think of the fable of the ant and the grasshopper often when I standing at the sink, pitting apricots or making something out of the fruit or veggies I've aquired. I've always felt the Lord has blessed us (and you) not to 'miss a meal" and I feel like much of that blessing has come by way of people offering us fruit to preserve. So here's to preserving fruit and veggies physically for a colder day.

here's a thought on preserving: No matter what let's "PRESERVE' our tradition of keeping the commandments, working hard and doing our best at whatever we do. preserving and preparing spiritually for 'colder days' is even more important.
I want the grand kids to know there are all sorts of good things one can "preserve'..(:

No comments: