I had a small surgery proceedure on Fri. *May 13-- peradonist dr daniel Thunell--lifted up the gum tissue scape the bone and stitch it back up basically. the black is part stitches and part wholes in the gums from the proceedure.
-the surgery took about 55 min and he said it went well. But ouch--I was conscious the whole time. the Area was deadened. I hated doing it, but it had to be done. The worse part was when he said 'oh no' (we all know that isn't a good sign)_and when there was literally smoke coming out of my mouth and then out into the air where I could see it from the intense shaving the bone- the smell was the worse. I kept my tears in check--but then cried on Fri night--thinking back on it and being on pain killers that make me sad. I like how pain killers help the pain but I hate how they make you feel emotionally Now today Sat is a new day and all is well--down to just just a regular ib prophen type relieve. So today is better--there aren't that many stitches about 3-4 as they worked on two areas of gum, but they are driving my mouth crazy. Those will dissolve
what the surgery will accomplish is to save the bone from further bone loss and that I won't lose the tooth sitting in that bone. I asked what can I do in the future--(as far a prevention?) they said keep flossing -maybe a water pik? but even then it is an inherited thing so it didn't come completely from Neglect. I'm just lucky I guess. but as bad things go I'd take this over some other challenges--I am good now. Just wanted to explain it all and appeal to your sympathy. (: ha

1 comment:
You have my sympathy! I'm so sorry. I inherited bad teeth too and it is no fun!
Post a Comment