Bryan and I got up early and drove up into little cottonwood canyon and over guardsman pass that goes down into Midway and went to the Swiss days festivities--for most of the morning.
Haven't thought I could buck the crowds at Swiss days--but bryan and I went and it was fun
we hung around the swiss toco booth and entertainment the most and didn't venture to far into the shopping venues--we saw a lot of friends from Midway and Heber and from Murray too.
We hear all my favorite things such as Yodeling and we ate a scone, and enjoyed the folks who were dressed in traditional swiss clothing. It was so fun to hear the music and remember my roots and heritage and the joy the people from Midway brought to my life, growing up there.
And think of the fun times we had as children anticipating getting out of school labor day weekend to go eat June Tatton bratziles and chase the greased pig and buy some little souvier
Its changed quite a bit in the years since then--but I still love the music and the food.

2 comments:
Megan and I used to love driving over Guardsman's pass. In January, you should go to the Great Salt Lake and watch bald eagles. There are a ton!!
I'm glad you got to go!! It's TRADITION in your town! I'm glad you got a little something yummy to eat while you were up there too! I love the costumes on those dancers. You should get one like that and do a dance for us some time!!
Post a Comment