"We must all cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in Heaven together." Lucy Mack Smith

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

summer school


summer school is fun for me--because I love reading so much --I started teaching again today

my big challenge is to make it so fun for the kids--that they are happy to be there--so far so good

but I don't want them to feel like its a punshiment--only a pleasure--I mean we take swimming lessons or piano--or go to the weight room to get better at something right--? so I want the kids to know that its great 'practice' to make the Good --Better-- wish me luck--I have to stick to a pretty tight lesson plan and they do get a treat at the end of each session--but I am open to suggestions--actually the Grandkids gave me some great ones-- but I'll take your ideas too (:
oh ps my students I work with are 3rd graders and 1st graders--they are good sports too

No comments: